Mobil SHC Polyrex 222
The Mobil SHC™ Polyrex series of greases are specifically designed to improve your productivity by solving high temperature lubrication problems in both general industry and food processing applications.Read more
- Fast delivery
- Service after purchase
- Tailored advice
- Reduce bearing wear
- Reduce rust and corrosion
|Sector||Transport , Energy, Agriculture, Industrie, Marine, Voedingsindustrie|
The Mobil SHC™ Polyrex series of greases are specifically designed to improve your productivity by solving high temperature lubrication problems in both general industry and food processing applications. Developed using advanced Polyurea technology, these synthetic, polymer-enhanced greases bring a high temperature solution to the market while carrying a full NSF H1 registration.
The Mobil SHC Polyrex Series of greases are designed to offer a combination of high temperature performance, excellent water resistance, and the balanced wear performance consistent with Mobil grease products. Using advanced Polyurea thickener technology, ExxonMobil researchers developed a unique combination of synthetic oils that achieve excellent high temperature performance able to provide lubrication up to 170°C. Even at these extreme temperatures, Mobil SHC Polyrex resists oxidation and loss of structural stability allowing re-lubrication intervals to be extended while maintaining equipment protection. The carefully balanced combination of thickener, base oils, and additives yields a grease with excellent load carrying capabilities and rust protection. Mobil SHC Polyrex is also highly resistant to water and has excellent corrosion protection providing added protection to equipment in wet, humid environments and applications where water wash downs are frequent.
All Mobil SHC Polyrex greases are NSF H1 registered and also comply with Title 21 CFR 178.3570 by the Food and Drug Administration (USA) for lubricants with incidental food contact. Additionally, they meet the requirements of Kosher. Mobil SHC Polyrex Greases are manufactured at ISO 22000 certified facilities that also meet the requirements of ISO 21469 helping to ensure that the highest levels of product integrity are maintained.
Feature and Potential Benefits
The Mobil brand of oils and greases is recognized around the world for its innovation and outstanding performance. Mobil SHC Polyrex utilizes the advanced thickener technology of the Mobil Polyrex family of greases to deliver a high performance, problem solving product for some of industries' toughest lubrication problems. Mobil SHC Polyrex brings that performance to another level through the addition of a unique combination of synthetic oils, polymer enhancement and a balanced additive package that is geared to deliver solutions to tough lubrication problems.
|Features||Advantages and potential benefits|
|NSF H1 registered lubricants||Allows use in food and beverage packaging and processing applications|
|Manufactured in facilities registered to ISO 21469||Product integrity assurance through independent verification.|
|Outstanding high temperature performance, up to 170°C||Helps provide protection under harsh conditions and allows for extended re-lubrication or maintenance intervals.|
|Excellent load carrying capability||Helps reduce bearing wear under heavy loads|
|Excellent Water Resistance and corrosion protection||Helps reduce lubricant consumption and increase bearing protection where water wash downs are common, Helps reduce rust and corrosion extends equipment life|
Application Considerations: While Mobil SHC Polyrex Series greases are compatible with many Polyurea and lithium complex greases, admixture may detract from their performance. Consequently it is recommended that before changing a system to one of the Mobil SHC Polyrex greases, it should be thoroughly cleaned out to achieve the maximum performance benefits. While the Mobil SHC Polyrex greases share many performance benefits, their applications are best described in terms of each product grade:
- Mobil SHC Polyrex 005 is an NLGI 00 grade grease specifically designed for use in central grease systems. The enhanced pumpability and low temperature mobility make it an ideal choice for grease systems subject to low ambient temperatures, such as those found in food processing freezers or in outdoor applications. Mobil SHC Polyrex 005 may also be used for the lubrication of enclosed gears where oil leakage may be a concern. The recommended operating temperature range for this product is –30 to 170º C.
- Mobil SHC Polyrex 221 is a multi-purpose, NLGI 1 grade grease specifically designed for use in heavy-duty plain and anti friction bearings. Mobil SHC Polyrex 221 has a recommended operating temperature range of -30° C to 170° C.
- Mobil SHC Polyrex 222 is a multi-purpose, NLGI 2 grease recommended for heavy-duty plain and anti friction bearings. Mobil SHC Polyrex 222 has a recommended operating temperature range of -30º C to 170º C.
- Mobil SHC Polyrex 462 is an NLGI 2 Grade grease recommended for heavily loaded plain and anti-friction bearings. It is also recommended for bearings where extreme temperatures are a concern, such as steam heated rolls, exhaust fan bearings, felt roll bearings, and oven conveyor bearings. The recommended operating temperature range is -20º C to 170º C.
Specifications and Approvals
Meets or exceeds the requirements of
- DIN 51825 (2004:06): KPFHC2P-30
- FDA 21 CFR 178.3570
- NSF H1
- Nº Enregistrement NSF H1. 141946
This product has the following builder approvals